The readers and listeners of the Scoutmaster Minute are the greatest on Earth. I announced the winners of my first contest this morning. This evening I received 50 emails requesting the winning recipes.. I am going to be doing a segment on an upcoming podcast as well as a video.
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom (or celery or chicken) soup
1⅓ cans milk
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard (if desired)
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound kielbasa sausage, sliced into about 1/8” thick slices
4 large red potatoes, sliced thin
1 small yellow onion, sliced thin
2 cups (if desired) shredded cheddar cheese
1. Line the Dutch oven with foil and preheat the Dutch Oven to 375°F using 18 briquettes on the top and 9 on the bottom (for a 12” Dutch oven. For a 10” oven, use 16 on top and 7 on the bottom) .
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the soup, milk, garlic, mustard, and pepper.
3. Stir in potatoes and kielbasa.
4. Pour the mixture into the Dutch oven.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 70 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, rotating the oven and the lid 90° every 15 minutes.
6. Add the shredded cheese (if desired) and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
EnEnjoy… I did!
HaHave a Great Scouting Day!